A27 Chichester Bypass,
69-75 Brighton Road,
69-75 Brighton Road,
Company registration number (in England):
VAT registration number:
Your privacy is important to Frosts (Cars) Ltd and we are committed to protecting and respecting your data and privacy.
This policy addresses what personal information we collect from you and how we handle the information we collect from you and you provide to us.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and process the following data supplied by you:
Information that you provide to us when registering on our website. This includes but is not limited to vehicle enquiries, test drive requests, vehicle valuation requests, finance application requests, live chat enquiries, service bookings and MOT bookings. Information you provide to us may include name, address, email address, telephone number and vehicle details (including registration number);
- Information that you provide when completing your online profile. Information you provide to us may include name, gender, date of birth, any educational and employment details, address, email address and telephone number;
- Information that your provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us;
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
Using personal information
Personal data we receive from you will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- Meet the terms of your order;
- Provide customer services, including vehicle valuations;
- Provide vehicle support, including after sales reminders and confirmations;
- Measure and improve our sales and after sales service levels via surveys;
- Enable your use of the services available on our website;
- Send you goods purchased through our website;
- Supply to you services purchased through our website;
- Send you statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, surveys, services or information that we think may be of interest to you. Don’t worry, we won’t bombard you;
- To share your personal information with our carefully selected reputable partners who offer services for us, including but not limited to Service and MOT reminders and customer satisfaction surveys.
You can withdrawn your consent at any time by contacting us using the methods detailed at the end of this policy.
Disclosing personal information
We share the information you provide us with our carefully selected partners. We will never sell your personal information, it’s our guarantee.
When we may be required to share personal data:
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing;
We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
- To the extent we are required to do so by law;
- To share your details with the DVLA when purchasing a vehicle from us;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We will share your information with our carefully selected service providers who work on our behalf and are our franchise partners:
- Interactive Marketing (UK) Limited who provide outbound calls for service and MOT reminders and bookings (all Frosts Aftersales sites) and customer satisfaction follow-ups (Frosts Chichester Aftersales Department only). They do not have an independent right to use the information to which they have access or that we disclose to them;
- Judge Service Research Ltd who will contact our car sales and aftersales customers for review purposes. They do not have an independent right to use the information to which they have access or that we disclose to them;
- Bluesky Interactive who collect and store our website enquiries. We may pass them customer data to send us marketing campaigns. They do not have an independent right to use the information to which they have access or that we disclose to them;
In some instances, your data may be required to be supplied directly to our carefully selected partners. These include:
- AutoProtect (MBI) Limited for the purpose of warranty and insurance products;
- EMaC Limited for the administration of vehicle service plan agreements;
- Santander Consumer (UK) Plc for the purpose of vehicle financing products;
- MotoNovo Finance for the purpose of vehicle financing products;
- Evolution Funding Limited for the purpose of financing products;
- Codeweavers Ltd for the purpose of online finance applications and soft credit checks;
Our third party providers detailed above will have their own applicable policies for their handling of your data. Please refer to them directly and / or their websites for more information. They do not have an independent right to use the information to which they have access or that we disclosure to them.
Security of personal information
We will take all reasonable technical and organistation precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information;
- We will electronically store all the personal data you provide on our secure Dealer Management System (DMS) provided by Pinewood. Each account is password protected;
- Hard copies of personal data you provide (this includes copies of vehicle invoices etc) will be stored securely in locked areas;
- We operate a strict Clear Desk Policy to ensure that your data is never left unattended. Frosts Cars Ltd provide lockable cabinets for additional security of paperwork;
- Frosts Cars Ltd restricts the use of portable devices, including mobile and IT equipment, in line with our internal Portable Device Usage Policy;
- It is the responsibility of the customer / supplier to ensure all paperwork displaying personal data is removed from a vehicle purchased by Frosts Cars Ltd. However, we will take reasonable steps to ensure paperwork is removed before re-sale. This is in line with our internal Clear Vehicle Policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our very best to protect your personal information, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your information whilst in transit to our website and any transmission is at your own risk.
How long do we keep your information for?
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (for example; you purchased a used vehicle from us), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request of information, test drive, vehicle enquiry etc, we hold your information for up to 1 year from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you (eg: you purchase a vehicle or have your vehicle serviced). We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
Paper documents are disposed via an approved shredding contractor as per our Retention Policy.
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales, processes and other enquiries:
- To respond / follow up to correspondence you send us and fulfill the requests you make to us (for example: test drive requests, vehicle enquiries, vehicle valuations or service and MOT bookings). We will only contact you in regards to your initial enquiry;
- To provide vehicle support and services. For example, Service and MOT reminders via email, SMS and/or telephone;
- To provide body repairs via our selected body repair partners, including data supplied to us via insurance companies
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfill and complete your orders, purchases, vehicle repair and maintenance and other transaction entered into with us or our selected partners.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law:
Accessing your personal information:
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request. As part of this request, two forms of identification must be supplied - a form of photo identification and proof of address (e.g. utility bill)
Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming your identity, provide a copy of all the relevant data we hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible within 30 days. This will be provided free of charge.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
Correcting and updating your personal information:
The accuracy of your information is important us and we will work with you to correct and update personal information as quickly as possible from your request, at the very latest within 30 days. Contact us via the methods at the end of this policy. This will be completed free of charge.
Erasing your personal information:
At any time you can request the deletion or removal of your personal information by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy. In certain circumstances, this right does not provide individuals with an absolute ‘right to be forgotten’. This will be completed free of charge.
Transferring your personal information:
You can ask us at any time to send your personal information directly to other service providers and we will do so as long as it is technically possible. This request must be made using the contact methods at the end of this policy. The data we provide will be commonly used and machine readable, likely to be a CSV file. This will be completed free of charge.
Withdrawing your consent:
At any time you can withdraw your consent by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can also do so by using our unsubscribe tool, usually at the bottom of the email you receive. This will be completed free of charge.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organizations which we do not control. This policy does not apply to those other websites so we encourage you to read their privacy statements. Frosts Cars Ltd are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites (even if you access them using the links we provide) and we provide links to those websites solely for your information and convenience.
Recorded telephone calls
If you contact us via one of our tracked telephone numbers your call will be recorded. As set out in our Retention Policy, telephone call recordings are kept for three months and are hosted by our chosen supplier MediaHawk. Whilst we don’t listen to every individual call, we often use the recordings for monitoring, training and regulatory purposes.
Closed-circuit television (CCTV)
For your safety, the safety of our staff and the prevention of crime, CCTV monitors our premises. If required to do so by law, copies of our CCTV monitoring may be passed onto the police. CCTV monitors our premises 24/7.
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer by websites you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or run more efficiently, as well as to provide information to Frosts Cars Ltd.
For the site to operate correctly, you need to have cookies enabled. If you decide not to enable cookies, you can still browse the site but many key features may not be available. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but if you wish to turn them off please use your browser’s help facility.
Please note cookies can't harm your computer. We do not store sensitive information in the cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site.
Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
Frosts (Cars) Ltd are registered with the ICO. Registration reference: Z6036154. If you are un-happy, you have the right to complain to the UK’s data protection regulator, the ICO. For contact details visit ico.org.uk.
Contacting Frosts Cars regarding data protection
There are several easy ways to contact Frosts Cars Ltd in relation to any data protection enquiries:
Data Protection Officer,
Frosts Cars Ltd,
69-75 Brighton Road,